Wednesday, October 20, 2010

BEFORE Making Things Happen!!!

Due to all my hard work with different Sea Sister projects I've been taking on, I have decided to take the bizz to the next level. I signed up to join 13 other enthusiastic entrepreneurs for Lara Casey's Making Things Happen 2010 Tour. I will be going to Houston, Texas TOMORROW to learn everything there is to know about how to take what I've got to the NEXT level.

A Little Background For Ya:

I first learned about Lara Casey from my amazing wedding photographers (VUE) who were selected as cover shoot contestant for Lara's latest edition of her Southern Weddings magazine. (She's the editor and founder/owner/creator/goddess divine, among other things)

The VUE chicks called me after being selected as contestants and asked if I would lend the handmade "party belt" (as I call it) that I wore for my reception...AND asked if I would make a second belt for their photo shoot.

(This is the party belt I made to wear for my reception)
Hmm Lemme think.. YESS!!!!! I jumped on the opportunity and made some belts as quick as I could (for thier Southern Weddings cover shoot contest they were having in 4 days!)

(This is the second belt I made for their photo shoot)

From there I read more about this Lara Casey person....I became one of her many fans REALLY quickly!


Her blog posts brought me newfound INSPIRATION and COURAGE to keep at it with my little Sea Sisters business idea. When I saw she would be doing her Making Things Happen tour again this year, I knew I had to be a part of it! I worked worked worked and saved saved saved to get my butt in that seminar.


Where Things Are Now:


Although VUE didn't win the cover of Lara's latest edition of Southern Weddings magazine (just realeased this month!), they DID make it in the beautiful pages of the magazine.


-BONUS: I also won a free copy of Southern Weddings magazine from Lara ONE DAY EARLY when I posted my favorite Southern dish to her site...my answer: "BOUDIN BALLS BABY!"


My belts weren't used with the dresses chosen for the shoot as they were empire waist, but thankfully I got a TON of great shots out of the deal and I'm just honored and STOKED to be a part of anything with VUE, LARA, Southern Weddings magazine, and all of the gals that work with Lara.


VUE recently wrote a blurb on thier blog with an AWESOME pic of my belt...SO SWEET to include me! (Check it out!! http://www.vuephotographyonline.net/?p=3459)


As soon as I get more pics from VUE I will add so you can check out my handmade fabric flower and jewelry belts!


No comments:

Post a Comment